I love breakfast – cereal, bacon & eggs, crèpes, pancakes! I can eat breakfast three times a day. I am always experimenting, researching, and saving breakfast recipes. I have made this recipe twice already and will probably continue to make it each weekend until I can’t look at oatmeal anymore. It is a hit with my both my boyfriend and I, with lots of leftovers to last us throughout the week.
The recipe can be made gluten-free and you can substitute any type of milk, sugar, and fruit!
Adapted from spoon fork bacon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 + 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I left this out)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 + ½ tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Generously grease or line with parchment paper an 8” x 8” baking dish and set aside.
- Toss oats, coconut sugar, flaxseed meal, and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a different mixing bowl, whisk together milks, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture over the oat mixture and stir together. Fold in fruit until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and smooth out with a spatula. Dot mixture with butter and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving. Leftovers can be kept in refrigerator in a sealed container for a few days. Reheat in microwave or in oven.
Strawberry & Cranberry Oatmeal Bake printable recipe